1. Make a difference: To create an impact on your team you must nurture and support their efforts so that they will become empowered and reach their potential.
2. Be authentic: In order to be trusted and believed you must “walk the walk not just talk the talk”. Do not ask your team members to do anything that you yourself would not do. Strive to continue to better yourself and that will set a good example for those you are leading.
3. Operate in a transparent fashion: Self disclosure and honesty will always be respected. If you expect others to be honest you must operate in that manner as well. Be accountable and admit mistakes.
4. Be a forward looking achiever: Having goals and intentions and accomplishing those aims shows you have purpose and integrity. Those traits make you believable and inspirational.
5. Be influential: If you can influence others as well as be influenced, you again demonstrate your powers to lead and learn. Always be ethical in the use of this tool as it is another important skill for admired leaders.
If you espouse these 5 keys you will be well on your way to becoming a leader who will create a legacy impact on those with you interact. Plus you will reap the rewards in your business. A well lead team is more productive, efficient, creative and happy…all crucial to a solid bottom line!