Gratitude is a muscle. Like “Patience”, it requires daily practice to be effective. No one ever got good at anything over night. People who approach life with a sense of gratitude are constantly aware of what’s wonderful in their life. They enjoy the fruits of their successes, and this causes them to seek out more success. And when things don’t go as planned, as they often don’t, people who are grateful can put failure into perspective.
We all know the kind of people that are missing “Gratitude” as part of their lives, don’t we? They are the “Victims”, the “Whiners”, the “Complainers”, the unhappy, struggling and surviving types. In other words, the ones you DON’T WANT TO BE AROUND!
If gratitude is missing in your life try my top 5 tips for restoring your opportunity to get ahead.
1. Create a daily Gratitude practise – the most common is to write a list of the 5-10 things you are grateful for every night before you go to bed.
2. Acknowledge your gratitude to a different person every single day – pick the person LEAST likely to be acknowledged.
3. Send Thank You Cards – Letting someone know they made a difference for you in some way will go a long ways to establishing a strong relationship with them – leading to more business and more referrals.
4. Secret thank you’s are the best kind to get – become a Secret Thank You Fairy
5. Thank yourself for something every single day – you put effort in and that deserves to be acknowledged every single day.
Need more help? I recommend Ronda Byrne’s book called, The Magic. – It has a 28 day program to create more gratitude in your life.
Remember – it’s never too late to have a happy childhood.